Projects

Saturday, September 13, 2014

More Rats


I'm not a big fan of having several identical figures on a 8 man team so I had to do a little bit of work to change the look on these two Strikers. I swapped their arms between the two of them and also bent them around to change the pose somewhat. This also included changing one of the legs on each, so after filling the gap I sculpted some shorts onto them. The other rats have a rather unfortunate diaper looking thing on made of straps or bandages. I guess mutated ratmen aren't real found of pants in the future.

The one on the left got a stripe on his shorts. 
I also finished up the background piece. This was a straight forward build. Foamcore base with pieces of cut plasticard on top for detailing. I went with a neutral grey color so it won't distract from the figures but livened it up with some paint stripes for playing field markings. These were done with some masking tape and stippling on the paint to give it a worn look. Last thing was painting up the glass which I used a serendipitous post from Spaceman Spiff as a guide, then it got a coat of gloss varnish on top.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...