Projects

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Imperial Shotte



My first unit is completed for my Imperialist forces. Well its really half a unit as it seems most infantry are in units of 12 in the rules.


I'm using the 1, 2, 3 basing method invented by Dalauppror. I think it's a really clever system that makes for nice looking unit. Still organized but not with the parade ground look you get from square bases.


 I wanted the whole force to match so instead of scraping together the various sized bases from what I had on hand I ordered a set of laser cut ones from Litko. I didn't get the bases until after they were mostly painted so there was a bit of a puzzle getting them to fit on the bases. I had planned out how they would fit together but didn't quite realize how tight they would be. I'm considering upping the diameter of the group bases to make it easier for them to fit but I also like the tight grouping.



4 comments:

  1. Lovely job and I do like that basing idea too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised group basing isn't used more in games as it allows for some nice looking figures.

      Delete
  2. Who makes these figures they look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are from Warlord's plastic Imperialist infantry regiment. I'm happy with them so far but since there are only about 8 poses split between the pike and shot they might need more conversion work as I get the end of the box.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...